Natural Hog Casings Home Pack
Our Natural Hog Casings Home Pack make tender, juicy sausages that have the perfect “snap” when you bite into them. Ideal for the home sausage maker crafting smaller batches, our Home Pack comes with easy to follow instructions.
Natural hog casings are perfect for making brats, kielbasa, polish, rope sausage, and more. Each package contains at least 50 ft of salted casing that will stuff 20-25 lbs.
- 32-35 mm diameter (1 1/4″ – 1 1/2″)
- Stuffs 20-25 lbs. per package
- Great for large brats, Italian sausage, and rope sausage
- Salted, must be flushed thoroughly before stuffing
- Soak 60-80 minutes in hot water before using
- Shelf life in refrigerator: 4-6 months
- Shelf life in freezer: 1 year
- Natural Sheep Casings Home Pack also available
- Untangle casings and remove necessary amount. Place remaining casings back into package and store in refrigerator or freezer.
- Rinse Salt from Casings
- Soak casings in fresh WARM water for 40-50 minutes
- Soak casings again in fresh WARM water (90°F) for 30-40 minutes
- Find end of casing, open and load onto stuffing horn.